The engineering office has been situated in SpitalwaldstraÃe in Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart since 1938
The office of Ferdinand Porsche (1875-1951) in Gmünd/Kärnten
Workshop and auto body shop in Gmünd, Austria
Description
Workshop and auto body shop in Gmünd, Austria
The engineering office was moved to Gmünd/Kärnten
from Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart in 1944 due to the
increasingly frequent bombing raids on Stuttgart.
The workshop and the auto body shop were housed in
this baracks and from 1948 the vehicles and engines
for the Porsche 356 were also assembled here. At the
end of 1949, Porsche returned to Zuffenhausen.
Plant 2 in Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart, based on a design by Rolf Gutbrod, came into being at the beginning of the 50s
The construction of Plant 2 in Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart was based on plans by the architect Rolf Gutbrod
Plant 2 in Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart in the mid 50s
The 60 metre long production hall in Plant 2 was the first new building at the Zuffenhausen site in Stuttgart
The building built at the beginning of the 50s provided office space for administration as well as production
Plant 2 in Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart with a Porsche 356 A
The gate of the vehicle body manufacturing firm Reutter in Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart. Today it is Porsche's main gate at "Porscheplatz 1"
View of the inner courtyard of the Porsche Plant 1 in Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart, which had developed into an enclosed square by the beginning of the 70s following several construction phases.
Aerial view of the administration and production building, constructed in 1952, the vehicle body manufacturing firm Reutter and Porsche Plant 1 (from right)
On 16th October 1961 Ferry Porsche turned the first sod in the construction of the Research and Development Centre in Weissach.
Description
On 16th October 1961 Ferry Porsche turned the first sod
in the construction of the Research and Development Centre
in Weissach.
In 1962 the so-called Skid Pad (above left) for driving dynamics
testing was approved and in July 1969 constuction of the entire
test strip came to a close. Due to expansion restrictions, the
Development Centre with 500 workers moved to Zuffenhausen,
Stuttgart on 1st October 1971.
In April 1969 the "VW-Porsche Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH" (VW-Porsche Marketing Company Ltd) was founded by the two firms and had its head office in Ludwigsburg.
Porsche Sales building in Ludwigsburg: Administration and central replacement-part warehouse.
Ferdinand Alexander Porsche at the model of the 911. He is the designer of this model.
Working on a clay model of the Porsche 928
A final refinement for the Porsche 944 in the Design Studio
Engineering office in Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart: (from left) Leopold Jäntschke, Ferry Porsche, Ferdinand Porsche, Emil Soukup